Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Week # 29 - 03/30/2010

Photobucket
Hey guys!  Sorry about missing last week.  In all honesty I just wasn't feeling any of the music I had on my list enough to share with you.  It is getting harder and harder to keep bringing you really great music that tops the week before.  I would love if you could send me a message with any suggestions for bands/musicians that you think I should check out to share with everyone else.

I did have a band that I wanted to look into and share with you guys this week, I had heard the album in a store while I was out shopping this weekend, I didn't make a note of it quick enough apparently cause the name I put in my phone didn't come up with any results for a band out there in the world.  Oh well, maybe my brain will remember it correctly one of these days.  So in the mean time I do have a guy for you to check out that was suggested to me by my best friend.  She had mentioned this guy to me before but I had forgotten to check him out.

This is City and Colour ((I know kind of a cheesy photo to share with you guys, but I love this photo of Dallas Green. Not only is he showing some love to my favorite animal, this picture also really showcases his amazing body art work. I found a cool b&w of him, but to really appreciate the tattoo art on him you need to have a color image.))

"Until a couple of years ago, Dallas Green was better known as the dulcet voice of Alexisonfire. The band's feverish live shows and rabid fanbase quickly earned them the distinction of being one of the most exciting and talked about bands in Canada.

During some time off between tours, Green assembled a collection of songs he had been writing over the years. He released a very limited pressing of the songs which he recorded using only acoustic guitar and his plaintive voice. Something in these tracks resonated with people in a completely unanticipated way. Not surprisingly, the songs found their way onto the Internet where fans started passing them around. With none of the obvious viral marketing that goes on now, there was a groundswell of interest in this unassuming collection of compositions. It was becoming clear that there was serious interest in what Dallas was creating. In 2005, Alexisonfire's sophomore album went Platinum, the band won the Juno Award for New Group of the Year, and Green quietly debuted his full-length album titled "Sometimes" under the solo moniker, City and Colour." (Source from City and Colour web site)

This is my favorite song by City and Colour, "Comin' Home", which can be found on his LIVE album.

City and Colour - Comin' Home



And this is his song, "The Girl", from his most recent album "Bring Me Your Love"

City and Colour - The Girl

0 comments: